The Personal Injury Commission's response to COVID-19
The Personal Injury Commission is continuing to deliver important services for injured workers and injured road users during the coronavirus pandemic. It is important that our people, those who use our services, our decision makers and our stakeholders are protected. The Commission is monitoring the COVID -19 situation and continues to respond quickly to changes in pandemic conditions as they happen.
Medical assessments are being managed in the following way:
- In-person medical assessments are proceeding with appropriate safety controls in place.
- The majority of psychiatric medical assessments are being conducted via videoconference. In instances where a psychiatric examination must proceed in person, it will be conditional on the requirements of Procedural Direction PIC 11 as for all in-person examinations.
- Interpreter services, if required, are being provided in person, by telephone or videoconference at the Medical Assessor’s direction and subsequently with the approval of the Commission President or Principal Registrar.
Medical assessments must be conducted in compliance with:
Support persons will only be able to attend in person in exceptional circumstances, with approval by the Commission President or Principal Registrar.
- Hearings are being conducted in a mix of venues including in-person at the Commission’s premises with appropriate safety controls in place and virtually.
- Procedural Direction PIC10 – Personal Injury Commission Hearings sets out how matters will be heard.
- Note that hearings may need to be rescheduled should any of the participants fall ill.
- Legal representatives are requested to advise the Commission at the earliest opportunity if a hearing will not be able to proceed as scheduled due to participants being ill, so that it can be rescheduled.
Lodging applications and documents
Personal Injury Commission office
- The Commission’s Registry counter on Level 21 at 1 Oxford Street, Darlinghurst NSW is open Monday-Friday 9:00am-4:30pm (except public holidays).
- The Commission’s Medical Assessment rooms on Level 8 at 1 Oxford Street, Darlinghurst NSW are open Monday-Friday 9:00am-5.00pm (except public holidays).
- Read more about how to contact the Commission.