Find a decision. Find out how decisions are handled and published.
Decision publication policy
The Commission operates under a presumption in favour of publication of decisions. In exceptional circumstances decisions may be de-identified or redacted before publication. Decisions are not published for seven days to allow a party time to apply for de-identification or redaction.
Personal Injury Commission citations
Section 58 of the Personal Injury Commission Act 2020 makes provision for the publication of various decisions of the Commission. Decisions of the Commission will be published on the legal research databases of AustLII, BarNet Jade and Lexis Nexis.
The Commission has developed various legal citations for various decisions of the Commission. The following citations will be used for the various decisions:
- Presidential member decision = NSWPICPD e.g.  NSWPICPD 1
- Non-Presidential member decision = NSWPIC e.g.  NSWPIC 1
- Medical Appeal Panel and Review Panel decision = NSWPICMP e.g.  NSWPICMP 1
- Merit Review decision = NSWPICMR e.g.  NSWPICMR 1
- Merit Review Appeal Panel decision = NSWPICMRA e.g.  NSWPICMRA 1
For areas such as Non-Presidential member decisions and Medical Appeal Panel and Review Panel decisions, the catchwords will identify whether the decision relates to a Workers Compensation matter or Motor Accidents matter. Practitioners conducting legal research and wishing to filter results should search in the catchwords for either: “WORKERS COMPENSATION –” or “MOTOR ACCIDENTS –”.