Audio Recordings and Transcripts
The Commission records all hearings. The Commission may provide a transcript of the audio recording of proceedings.
- Annual review
- Table A-PIC delegations-PIC Act and regulations-1 March 2021
- Table B-PIC delegations-Rules-30 April 2021
- Instrument of Delegation Judge Gerard Phillips 1 March 2021
- Instrument of Delegation Rodney Parson Tables A and B
- Instrument of Delegation Marie Johns
- Instrument of Delegation Marianne Christmann
- Table A - PIC delegations- PIC Act and Regulations - 15 April 2021
- Instrument of Delegation Judge Gerard Phillips 15 April 2021
- Instrument of Sub-Delegation dated 30 April 2021.pdf
- 2021 Legal Bulletins
- Appeal Decision Summaries
- Papers and presentations
- Personal Injury Commission News
- Procedural Direction PIC1 – Conduct of parties during proceedings
- Procedural Direction PIC2 – Determination of matters ‘on the papers'
- Procedural Direction PIC3 – Documents and late documents
- Procedural Direction PIC4 – Expert Witness Evidence
- Procedural Direction PIC5 – Schedule of Earnings
- Procedural Direction PIC6 – Medical Assessments
- Procedural Direction PIC7 – Appeals, reviews, reconsiderations and correction of obvious errors in medical disputes
- Procedural Direction PIC9 – Production of Information and Calling of Witnesses
- Procedural Direction PIC10 – Hearings during COVID-19
- Procedural Direction WC1 – Compensation payable on death
- Procedural Direction WC2 – Interim payment directions
- Procedural Direction WC3 – Presidential appeals and questions of law
- Procedural Direction WC4 – Work injury damages
- Procedural Direction WC5 – Work Capacity Disputes
- Procedural Direction WC6 – Workplace injury management disputes
- Procedural Direction MA1 – Stood over proceedings
- Procedural Direction MA2 – Merit review
- Procedural Direction MA3 – Approval of damages settlement
- Procedural Direction MA4 – Appointed representatives
- Procedural Direction MA5 – Matters unsuitable for assessment and mandatory exemptions
- Procedural Direction MA6 – Review of a single merit review by a review panel
- Procedural Direction MA7 – Claims disputes
- Motor Accidents Division
- Workers Compensation Division
The Personal Injury Commission (the Commission) is a statutory tribunal that resolves disputes under workers compensation and motor accidents legislation. The Commission is committed to providing a transparent and independent forum for the fair, just, timely and cost-effective resolution of workers compensation and motor accidents disputes in New South Wales.
The Commission records all hearings. The Commission may provide a transcript of the audio recording of proceedings where:
- it has been prepared at the request of a Commission member;
- a Commission member has issued an ex tempore decision;
- an appeal or administrative review application has been lodged, and/or
- there exist other valid reasons.
Audio recordings and transcripts will be made available to parties at no cost. In some circumstances, a copy of the audio recording may be provided on a CD and a copy of the transcript may be provided by email.
Audio recordings and transcripts are subject to Crown copyright, and must not be published or reproduced without the written permission of the Principal Registrar.
For audio recording and transcript related enquiries, please contact:
Contact: Manager, Business Support
Telephone: 1800 PIC NSW (1800 742 679)
Written requests for access to an audio recording or transcript should include your contact details, the details of your request, and the reason/s why your request should be granted.
His Hon Judge Gerard Phillips
1 March 2021