- Annual review
- Table A-PIC delegations-PIC Act and regulations-1 March 2021
- Table B-PIC delegations-Rules-30 April 2021
- Instrument of Delegation Judge Gerard Phillips 1 March 2021
- Instrument of Delegation Rodney Parson Tables A and B
- Instrument of Delegation Marie Johns
- Instrument of Delegation Marianne Christmann
- Table A - PIC delegations- PIC Act and Regulations - 15 April 2021
- Instrument of Delegation Judge Gerard Phillips 15 April 2021
- Instrument of Sub-Delegation dated 30 April 2021.pdf
- 2021 Legal Bulletins
- Appeal Decision Summaries
- Papers and presentations
- Personal Injury Commission News
- Procedural Direction PIC1 – Conduct of parties during proceedings
- Procedural Direction PIC2 – Determination of matters ‘on the papers'
- Procedural Direction PIC3 – Documents and late documents
- Procedural Direction PIC4 – Expert Witness Evidence
- Procedural Direction PIC5 – Schedule of Earnings
- Procedural Direction PIC6 – Medical Assessments
- Procedural Direction PIC7 – Appeals, reviews, reconsiderations and correction of obvious errors in medical disputes
- Procedural Direction PIC9 – Production of Information and Calling of Witnesses
- Procedural Direction PIC10 – Hearings during COVID-19
- Procedural Direction WC1 – Compensation payable on death
- Procedural Direction WC2 – Interim payment directions
- Procedural Direction WC3 – Presidential appeals and questions of law
- Procedural Direction WC4 – Work injury damages
- Procedural Direction WC5 – Work Capacity Disputes
- Procedural Direction WC6 – Workplace injury management disputes
- Procedural Direction MA1 – Stood over proceedings
- Procedural Direction MA2 – Merit review
- Procedural Direction MA3 – Approval of damages settlement
- Procedural Direction MA4 – Appointed representatives
- Procedural Direction MA5 – Matters unsuitable for assessment and mandatory exemptions
- Procedural Direction MA6 – Review of a single merit review by a review panel
- Procedural Direction MA7 – Claims disputes
- Motor Accidents Division
- Workers Compensation Division
Edition 9 - February 2021
Welcome to the latest edition of Towards the PIC.
This edition announces the Personal Injury Commission Procedural Directions, Policies and Delegations, following on from my communication of the Personal Injury Commission Rules in Towards the PIC earlier this week.
I’m committed to providing you with the information you need, in real-time, to ensure you have a sound understanding of how the Commission will operate from commencement on 1 March. I will also make mention of the Ceremonial Sitting that will be held to mark the opening of the Commission.
I will provide further updates for you in the coming weeks, as we head toward opening on 1 March.
Judge Gerard Phillips
New Personal Injury Commission Procedural Directions, Policies and Delegations Finalised and Published
I’m pleased to report that I have now finalised the Commission’s Procedural Directions, Policies and Delegations, rounding out the set of legal instruments required to operate as the PIC from 1 March. All will be published to the Commission website on 1 March, however I have provided links to them below so that you can access and view them ahead of that date.
As President of the Personal Injury Commission, I have made a number of Procedural Directions for commencement of the Commission on 1 March. These will complement the Personal Injury Commission Act 2020 (the Act), the related Regulations, and the Commission Rules. They provide a detailed explanation of the Commission’s procedures.
I have confirmed the set of Policies that set standards of practice for the Commission and the people who use its services.
The Act contains broad powers of delegation under section 18. As President, I have delegated some functions to each Division Head and Principal Registrar, with powers of sub-delegation. The Instruments of Delegation indicate how functions under the Act, Commission and scheme Regulations, and Rules will be delegated from 1 March 2021.
To ensure you have the opportunity to review and understand the Rules, Procedural Directions Policies and Delegations ahead of commencement, you can access them now via the ‘Towards the PIC’ section of the Workers Compensation Commission website here.
You can also access them individually via these links:
Please take the time to familiarise yourself with all of this information, as relevant to your needs, to ensure you have a thorough understanding of how the Commission will operate from 1 March.
To mark commencement of the Personal Injury Commission, I will preside over a Ceremonial Sitting of the Commission at the District Court on Monday 1 March at 9.30am. The Sitting will include addresses from the NSW Attorney General, the Minister for Customer Service and the Presidents of the NSW Bar Association and The Law Society of NSW. I’m pleased to be able to celebrate the opening of the Commission in this way.
For Covid safety reasons, the event is invitation only, however I will live stream the Ceremonial Sitting on the day for anyone interested in viewing. I will provide the live stream details closer to the date. A recording of the Sitting will also be available to view on the Commission website from 1 March.
Have a question about the PIC?
If you have a question you would like to ask about the PIC, please email us at PICstakeholder@wcc.nsw.gov.au
Missed earlier editions of Towards the PIC?
If you’re new to our distribution list for this newsletter, I’d encourage you to view the earlier editions. Access them here.
Subscribe to Towards the PIC here
If you have not received this newsletter directly from the PIC and you would like to subscribe to receive future editions, please subscribe here.